Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Post More than a Year Ago?

Yikes.

I'm just not a prolific writer as far as blogging goes.

Since the last post, the TLR has been de-TLR'd and equipped with a bullet button. I've put a few hundred more rounds down the pipe but other than being broken in, it's bone stock with the exception of a CAA grip.

I also bought a Sig-Sauer P226 DA/SA chambered in .40S&W, which had a few problems that required it being shipped back to Sig. They fixed and returned it in one business day, by the way.

I carried it openly at the last OC event down in San Diego in a Blackhawk! holster with a double magazine holster on my weak side. It wasn't nearly as obtrusive as I had feared.

On the whole burning rubber front, nothing doing. I haven't been to the track in forever and I almost forget what a decent ~7-degree-slip-angle drift feels like. On the plus side, I've acquired some 16x12 Dymags from the Nissan GTP ZX-T team and some BBS wheels from the Nissan P35 and GTP-90 teams that I'm trying to sell to cover the cost of finishing my Koni 8611/custom housings/custom sleeves/custom springs setup.

It's funny how one's interests change so rapidly sometimes. I still love my Nissan and cars in general, but I feel the need to stock up on firearms and learn more about the financial conditions to combat the rise of idiocracy.

No comments: